You can be born with skin moles or they can form over time up to the age of about 40. Exposure over the years to the sun can also cause skin moles to form. Skin Moles can be dark spots or an irregularity in the skin that are normally harmless, although some can be cancerous. This type usually start out as a normal looking skin mole, but they change in size and shape and may even itch and bleed. If this happens, you should see a doctor who will probably remove the skin mole and biopsy it to check for cancer.
Some moles may be in a place, like the face, where it may affect your appearance. Many people consider having these moles removed to enhance their appearance. Men often have facial moles removed because they may cut it while shaving. Women can have the same issue with skin moles on their legs. There are a variety of reasons to remove skin moles either by your doctor or even by using home remedies.
Ways Your Doctor Can Remove Moles
The two most common ways that your doctor will remove moles begin by cutting the mole off to the deepest point that from which it grows.
- Excision with Stitches – This procedure is commonly used with the irregularly shaped moles that could be cancerous or moles that are even with the skin. After they are removed, the area is stitched up.
- Excision with Cauterization – This method to remove moles involves burning away the mole. The wound is burned closed so stitches are not required and the wound heals on its own.
Doctors can also remove skin moles using a laser, requiring no cutting or stitches.
If you are serious about removing your moles, I highly recommend you check out the book “Moles, Warts, and Skin Tag Removal”. Not a very unique name, but definitely delivers! Check out my full personal review of it here:
Home Remedies to Remove Moles
You may be surprised to learn that you can avoid a doctor’s visit and remove moles at home, saving money and avoiding side effects.
- Flaxseed ground into a powder can be combined with honey and flaxseed oil to make a paste. If you put this on the mole three times a day, it should be gone in a few weeks.
- Baking powder and castor oil combined and applied to the mole at night will remove a mole.
- The juice of figs, grapefruit, pineapples and green apples works to remove moles. Apply the juice of one of these fruits three to four times a day for quicker results.